Sunday, December 12, 2010

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been!

Well, now that the Captain has updated his adventure, I will fill you in on how I spent the past 3 weeks. It was a great day on 11/20/2010, when we started our trip south from Cooperstown, NY. We stopped at the Halls' in Annville, PA, before driving to Baltimore, MD to catch a plane on 11/21 to Phoenix, Arizona, where my dearest friend Janet and her husband, Dennis live. Janet thought that it would be a great place to recuperate and she was absolutely right. I spent two wonderful weeks there. In addition to relaxing, having a delicious Thanksgiving, and laughing our heads off, Janet and I took a road trip to L.A. to visit Elena, my Mom, and my sister. As a bonus on the way back to Phoenix, we stopped at a breeder and brought home a gorgeous 5 year old golden retriever, Sierra. Dennis and Janet had been thinking about getting a dog for awhile now. On 12/5/10, I flew from Phoenix to West Palm Beach, Fl, where Mo (wife of George who was with Jim)picked me up and we stayed at a friend's house in Vero Beach waiting for the boys to arrive! On Tuesday, 12/7, Jim and I were back together on "Kismet". Anyway, I am healing well, and I am having a hard time believing that the diagnosis, surgery, and radiation all happened in a time span of a little more than two months. I am so grateful to my friends and family for helping me get through this time. I am especially thankful for Janet and Dennis, Mo and George, and Dick and Anne.

No comments: