Monday, February 13, 2012

Daysails & the Lost Birthday

We left Georgetown and began our trek homeward(where ever that is). The first day we ran with the spinaker as the boats with greater ambitions than us passed us by. The unfortunate part was that we watched old friends on "Passages" and new friends On "Majiks" head south. We did say hello and make the cruiser promise to connect later. Arriving in one new favorite anchorages we spent the night under a nearly full moon. The big sail was out again the next day and low expectations for distance was a good plan. We arrived at Cave CAy Cut at the ebb tide and experienced a minature Hell Gate. It was exciting for me and for Laurie, not. I wouldn't want to do it with any seas. Ended up anchoring near Big Galliot cay. (very nice). The next day the Code Zero seemed a better option as we headed to Black Point for laundry and Lorraine's mom's Coconut bread. The front was coming and we needed to make it somewhere for a west component wind. Off to Staniel Cay area, Another short daysail but I think the impending chronological change clouded my judgement . We anchored in Big Majors Spot where we had been brutalized earlier this season. That leads us to the lost birthday, the wind didn't switch as fast as we hoped and the boat did quite a dance all day. Enough so I didn't feel well until late that day. Laurie had made a wonderful chocolate cake which I consumed half of as soon as I felt could stomach anything and then I left this world for the land of Sugar Plum Fairies. Not much of a birthday but some very pleasant travelling, I will take sailing anyday over getting older.

No comments: