Thursday, July 24, 2008

The beginning of the adventure

July 24, 2008
Today we are anchored in Thornton point, after our first night away from the marina . Now what! After literally months/years of planning, we are prepared to begin the adventure. Or are we! We feel abit rusty re: our sailing/boat skills so we are going to anchor a few more days before we leave the security of Sodus Bay. Things were going TOO SMOOTHLY til 7/14/2008. The boat was launched and we (Jim) diagnosed a problem with the alternator/regulator. And Sid (my Dad) was in the hospital with a serious infection. I flew to FL on 7/16/2008 and Jim stayed in Sodus to work on the repair. I returned on 7/21/2008 after making arrangements with Hospice at home. Jim finally had conquered the alternator/regulator problem after having assistance from friends Bob P., Jim E., and Rick Jones from Balmar. Hooray! Still very concerned about how things would progress with Dad, so staying here seemed like a good idea.
Leaving the dock was an adventure......I very confidently got behind the wheel and managed to screw up the departure....went in forward instead of reverse! Our dear friend Bob Webber saved the day! No damage. I had promised myself and Jim that I would create a blog to record our adventures so that is my job for the day!

No comments: